Friday 13 June 2014

Kylie Jenner Inspired Make-up






I've been loving Kylie Jenner's make-up that she's been doing this last few months, it's radiant and seductive. Her knew pout has proven rather controversial leaving people convinced that she has had fillers..oh the power of make-up! 

I attempted to do an inspired look, one that would be wearable and comfortable, but still capture the overall look of Kylie. 








First I primed my face with the Nivea Daily Essentials Primer for sensitive skin to give me a smooth soft base to work from. I only bought this product recently and am already a huge fan. I had previously been using the MUA Primer which was quite good but I found after a while that it began drying out my skin so I chose a more moisturising primer. I find my foundation glides on after using this and stays on much better throughout the day. 



I ordered this about a month ago online and it was delivered just as I needed it! This palette was on sale and seeing as I wanted to experiment with a variety of concealer tones I figured I may as well purchase it. After reading the long list of ingredients on the back of the tin, something in me feels hesitant to use this on a daily basis, but it will be great for specific make-up looks and the odd night out. 

I used the green/blue colour to cancel out any red tones in my skin, blended in using my Real Techniques blending brush. I have read various reviews and posts about using green toned primers and concealers to cancel out redness on the skin and this was mu first time actually trying it out. I was actually very impressed with the results and the red tone in my skin certainly was reduced more so than with any other product I have used. 

After covering up my blemishes I then used a light layer of my Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation in soft beige. 




To give my eyes a nice even base I used this shimmery gold eye shadow from No7 all over the lid before building up the darker colours. 


I then began shaping my eye using this beautiful warm red/brown colour. I like using warm browns underneath my make-up sometimes as it really helps to create more depth to the eye and creates a more fluid blend of colours. 


To create the smokey brown effect I used a dark brown shadow from Mac and gently began blending into the crease and inner corner. I would usually focus the darker shades of the make-up towards the outer corner, however to emulate Kylie's eye shape I found that making a rounder shape and focusing the dark pigments towards the centre and inner corner really made the look come together. 

I then used a liquid liner to draw a cat eye similar to Kylie's, due to the shape of my eye it was hard to get the same exact shape as hers, but I did my own version that worked with my eyes. I then coated my lashes in mascara and the eyes were done!


I have been loving creating different eyebrow shapes with my Collection Eyebrow kit, and creating Kylie's were surprisingly easy. I made them rounded at the brow bone and longer than my natural brow. I then highlighted under my brow using the lightest colour on my concealer palette. 

I contoured my face using a dark brown shade from the concealer palette and blended in with a fluffy brush. A generous amount of bronzer and a little highlighter on my cheeks and the look was completed! 






Please ignore my messy room in the background haha. I really hope you liked this look and I hope it gave a few tips on how to create a similar look. Comment down below is there's any celeb looks you want to see me do :)

Tas x






3 comments:

  1. lovely tutorial, and i love your blog header! id love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/a-week-of-instagram-14.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, honey!
    Your blog looks great! I really love her make up too.
    Followed you via bloglovin. Please follow my blog (not profile) back.


    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3947784

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been completely obsessed with Kylie's makeup too! and you look amazing! This eyebrow look suits you nicely.

    ReplyDelete