Thursday 11 September 2014

Affordable Skin Routine




As of about 2 weeks ago I had never had a 'skin routine' but after feeling fed up of having bad skin days I thought i'd give a routine a shot. I am someone who is terrible when it comes to taking make-up off, I can spend hours putting it on, but won't spend more than 2 minuets taking it off.

- Garnier Cleansing Water: I had seen lots of beauty bloggers rave about this product and compare it to the Bioderma one that is super popular, so seeing as it was super inexpensive I bought it to try out. I have been really impressed with it so far, it melts away make-up and leaves the skin feeling super clean.

- Clean & Clear Daily Wash: I will sometimes use this as well as the Cleansing Water, but try not to use it everyday as it has exfoliants in it which can be damaging to sensitive skin if used excessively. This product is good, lasts for ages as you only need a small amount.

- Simple Oil Balancing Cream: Once my face is clean I use a small amount in my t-zone area, it's very light weight and soaks in fast. I also using this before I put on make-up, this doesn't stop you getting oily throughout the day but certainly reduces it.

-Simple Age Resisting Night Cream: The penultimate step is to apply a layer of this all over. This is a heavy duty cream, hence why it is for night time, that moisturizes and smooths. 'Age resisting' is a big old claim, and although at age 20 wrinkles aren't an issue it's always a good idea to start taking care of your skin early on.

-Simple Eye Roll On: This is cooling and soothing, and I find that after wearing mascara and make-up around my eyes it's really comforting to put some of this on. I also using this in the morning, and it helps me wake up a little.

I don't think you have to spend a fortune on luxury skin care items to see an affect, it's all about being persistent and sticking to a routine to see results. I think Simple do really great and affordable products that are gentle on the skin, and the price means that you're able to try out lots of their different products until you find the right one for you. Along with good skin care products, a healthy diet and lots of water will make a huge difference to your skin.

                              


Hope you enjoyed this post, comment below if you have any products you'd recommend trying!

Tasmin x

2 comments:

  1. I also have the Micellar Cleansing water and I agree, it does melt the makeup off my face. I always use it when my other products fail to do the job, it just lifts away the last little bit of excess! I've never used an eye roll on before, I might try out one soon, the simple one would be a good start since its not super expensive! :)

    Emily/0fftotheraces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it's great!! I definitely recommend an eye roll on. I get quite puffy eyes in the morning so it work great at reducing them :) if you're the same then it would work great for you! x

      Delete